Thursday, May 14, 2009

Girona and Figueres

It was rather disappointing to be greeting by very gray weather on our return to Catalunya. But there was no way I was going to let that get in the way of our plans!

Girona is a gorgeous city, rain or shine, and I had been looking forward to going to the Dali Museum-Theater in Figueres for a while, so go we did.

Top Ten: (okay maybe there's more...)













This was at my favorite crêpe/salad place: Creperie Bretonne Annaíck.
Of course, I got my food last. Why does this consistently happen to me??


If you go to Girona you have to kiss the lioness' bottom. By kissing it you make a promise to return...and I've definitely come back "moltes vegades" since my kiss in October.
















Dali-ness!!





The two paintings above were part of a series. The paintings themselves are of one thing right-side up, and then the upside-down image reflected on the bottle is something completely different. (find don quixote on the first bottle, a naked woman on the second)




A few of the art pieces are coin-operated and move in weird ways, or light up, or both. The two above pictures are pre-coin, and post-coin.




A Velazquez sculpture with Las Meninas painted on his forehead, among other things.























Next up, Madrid!

No comments: