Tuesday, April 28, 2009

La Visita!!

For the first two weeks of April, my parents came out to visit. It was so great, and best of all I got all of the time off from work, so I got to spend the whole time traveling with them.

They had no idea what they wanted to do, so I spent the weeks before their arrival stressing out and planning sixteen days of travel. Plane tickets, trains, car rentals, musuems, churches, parks, gahhh!! I had to plan it all, but it was well worth it.

The first day I gave them the grand tour of my town, stopping by the farmers market to buy some goodies and check out all the local sea food. Then we made a yummy bacalao lunch and I let them catch up to Greenwich time +1.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were mostly dedicated to Barcelona: Ramblas, La Boqueria, Barcelona Cathedral, Gaudi, Gaudi, Gaudi, Picasso Museum, Arc de Triomf, etc., etc....

We also spent half of a day up in Montserrat, an amazing monastery founded in the 11th century and built between steep serrated moutains. It's absolutely breath-taking and the stillness of the whole place is very calming and peaceful. Definitely going back again.

Top ten pictures of Barcelona:











No comments: